Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Cabbage Patch



.

We headed to the ATL for the weekend to see Grandma and Grandpa and make a trip to Babyland General, the Cabbage Patch hospital!!

This was the cutest thing I have seen in a long time!! It took me back to the days when I loved my Cabbage Patch kid more than life itself! And if I had the money, I would've bought Marlie that entire place and every baby in it. Now I understand my Mom's motivation for standing outside of a Toys R Us in 1984 at midnight while they were tossing Cabbage Patch dolls off the back of a truck to a group of crazy parents waiting to get their children the ultimate Christmas gift . . . and even tossing back a brown haired one because nothing other than a blonde one would do!! I can still show you my meticulously kept kid :)

Marlie's 1st Cabbage Patch was a special Ice Cream Treat doll from Grandma. She then got a 25th Anniversary kid when Grandpa Mick came down from Minnesota. But on Saturday she got a Cabbage Patch Newborn (Georgia Elisabeth) who has been given hundreds of bottles and dashes of powder in her short 2 days with Marlie Katherine as her mommy!! One day we'll adopt one of those original ones . .

We can't wait to go back once the new hospital is built!!! And as Marlie says "We saw a lock of babies" :)

The cutest baby of all had to be little Lila when we met Long and Holly for breakfast though!!

But the best part of the weekend . . . just having Daddy around :)

1 comment:

Pink Caddy Rocks said...

I am so glad you got to go there.
We went for a visit coming back
from a Mary Kay girls retreat.
I have never seen such excited
women! Glad Marlie got to adopt
too. I can't wait to see the
new addition.