Saturday, January 23, 2010

A Postless Week


I realized today that I went the entire week without a post . . . probably because I have been busy exploring other blogs on the internet instead of tending to my own . . . and partially because the older I get the more I find the truth and wisdom in that childhood piece of advice "if you don't have anything nice to say - then don't say anything at all!!"

So rather than post negativity . . . I thought I would let the blog sit still and stay calm . . . .and remain positive :)

And while I was taking a deep breath and enjoying the calm and peace in my house right now (it's naptime) - I stumbled on this old pic that is on the computer downloaded from Jayson's phone.

It's a peaceful picture . . . that is what Lake Superior looks like in January - right on the border of Canada and Minnesota. It's a more comfortable viewing if you're in the car and not outside where it's -30 . . . because it might not be clear from the pic, but that's not a lake of rushing water - there are huge areas that are completely frozen! We took the pic as we were driving up to the border - right before they told us we couldn't enter Canada because Marlie totally forgot to bring her birth certificate!!

That was a fun little trip . . . and it's funny - you go places and you think "It will be fun someday to go back there" . . . that is a picture of a place I can say "I will never see that view again" . . .

1 comment:

Tina. said...

hahaha I like that line, "Marlie totally forgot..."