Tuesday, March 16, 2010

And it Begins . . .


And ends as well . . . we have reached the end of a chapter in our family's life and are getting ready to start a brand new one . . .

I have learned a lot of lessons on this move:
  • We have now acquired too much stuff to move ourselves . . . words cannot describe the illness that I felt when I realized that a 2nd 440 mile round trip would have to made to get the rest of our stuff on a 26' Penske truck
  • We are fortunate to be surrounded by the greatest family anyone can ask for
  • I had a lot of features in our old home that I took for granted - oh kitchen sink sprayer, how I will always miss you . . .
  • Losing 500 sq ft doesn't seem like much - but I am certain it all came out of my kitchen - and not the floor space, just the cabinets!
  • While I love change - I take 5 years off my heart every time I live the upheaval of a moving situation
  • We will never have a home without a playroom again - and it looks like I run a home day care . . . but I guess I do :)
The most important lesson . . . . doesn't matter how much money it takes or how much space you lose . . . by the 5th time that you hear your daughter look at her Daddy and say "I have missed you Daddy" there is just no room for doubt in your heart that you've made the right choice . . . and on that note . . . I will keep it with one pic . . .

1 comment:

Kasey Noel Rose and Reagan Caroline Rose said...

This made me tear up.....I am glad you are there and settled!