Wednesday, June 16, 2010

There are No Words for this Wednesday


Oh this one - she's a stinker . . .

You know, I don't really say it as much as I write how proud I am of Marlie. We do tell her that's she's a pretty smart chic often though. And of course, the day after she hit her 4th birthday she figured out how to make that curve in the "R" so she can completely write her own name (good thing too - between Father's Day and June birthdays, she had a lot of writing to do).

So I find it interesting that today Samantha left me stunned with no words. It was almost like she took one look at me and said with her eyes "You know what lady, I am smart too - and just because I'd rather be goofy than serious most of the time doesn't mean that I am not absorbing the stuff going down around me" . . . and with that look and probably that thought Samantha turned around to her sister that said "We need to count the steps" and busted out on her own in order and extremely clearly "1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,16,20"

WTH?!?!?!?!? Yes, I realize after 13 it was a miscellaneous - but 1-13 were straight up plain as day and in perfect order! I have never heard the child get past 3!?!?

Marlie and I both looked at each other - and Marlie said "Give me 5 Samantha - you did a great job" . . . I still sat with no words . . .

On a side note - something weird has been happening over the past week. Yes I dress the girls alike alot - I have to take my chance while I have it! But honestly - look at them - do they in ANY WAY look like they are the same age and twins!??!!??!?! In the last 3 days I have been asked 4 times if they were twins - and Jayson had it happen once last week! REALLY?!? I just politely respond "Nope - they are exactly 2 years apart" . . . and p.s. yes, you probably feel a little silly for asking . . .

No comments: