Monday, May 16, 2011

Random Notes of Thankfulness

I am so very thankful for . . . .


These Boys

These Girls (and their love for Mr Potato Head parts)


My husband forcing me to finally sit down and watch a movie - St. Elmo's Fire was AWESOME! Clearly, though I was born in the 80's, I am a child of the 90's. I can't believe I had never seen that movie before last night . . . and worse, showing even more that I am a child of the 90's, within 10 minutes I asked if it was the 80's version of Singles! ha!

Having enough determination on the 3rd time around to stick with nursing . . . it's been worth it (assuming tomorrow's doc appointment yields a weight gain!) :)

On the 3rd kiddo, having my shit together enough as a Mom to feel comfortable enough to stop and enjoy everything rather than obsess over it all! This is by far the best newborn phase we've done!

Cloth diapers!!!! Going back to the previous bullet, I wish I had enough confidence with the girls to do cloth diapering . . . because I love it! My first load of dirties is in the washer right now and I am excited! It's sick, I know - but I feel sooooooo much better for so many reasons about these diapers over my ex-BFF Pampers! We had a good run for 4.5 years, but seriously, these diapers have me looking forward to changes! Jayson think they make Evan's butt look big - but I don't think Evan minds!

A husband that has been laid back enough to roll with me through not being able to make up my mind about what I wanted to be when I grew up. First there was the decision against law school, then there were corporate jobs, bar manager jobs, work from home corporate jobs, and it all ended turning down way too much money to do something I didn't want to for a $0 paycheck to be home with our kids . . . and I am so very thankful for that! He works extremely hard for everything we have and there are no words for how grateful I am to have him as my partner. Though he does remind me some days that I do have to go back to work once the last kiddo is out of school . . . while he will retire to play golf all day . . . we have at least 18 years to argue about it :)

A hundred other things today . . . it is cliche, and overused, but life is good . . . and it's nice to just be able to smile once in a while for no reason . . . :)

No comments: