Sunday, March 18, 2012

Spring is Here

Well, more like early summer - the last few days have been in the 80s! But the rain still makes it a little spring-like.

There was no rain on Saturday though, so we headed to the park for a little swinging. Lots of changes in our swinging situation from last summer - now Evan is in a swing!
Marlie is getting great at pumping.
And Samantha likes the big kid swings better!
Then it was time for a snack before doing some laps.
The girls enjoyed thier bikes while Evan continued snacktime in the stroller.
Samantha is ready for a big girl bike - she has no fear (like an older sister who likes to get off and push her bike over bumps) and thoroughly enjoyed cruising at full speed through rain puddles. Marlie was 4 1/2 when she got her big girl bike, and we had to get her an 18" because of her legs - even the 16" would've been outgrown by now. Our little Sammie on the other hand, we put a 12" on her birthday list . . . I think she will tear some stuff up on a bike!
And this little boy was worn out by swing, merry go round, and stroller riding.
Today we headed down to the donut shop in town for Marlie to earn a patch with her Girl Scout troop. We LOVE our new troop leader!
And on 2 random notes . . . I took a picture of paper towels that I had to buy yesterday. When I was pregnant with Evan we decided to cloth diaper. At the same time I decided to make our kitchen as paperless as I could. I bought my last pack of paper towels in March of 2011 - that brought my stock to 10 rolls. Well, Saturday I bought a 6 pack of towels (on big sale and had a big coupon) and it brought my stock up to 8 rolls - do the math - in 1 year we only used 8 rolls of paper towels! Not completely paperless, but a huge darn improvement just by moving the paper towels to the laundry room! So I'm a dork, but I'm proud of that - 3 kids, several holidays, and a husband - that's a big accomplishment :)

And for Grandpa - a picture of Evan double-fisting his Nilla wafers for dessert!!

1 comment:

Tina. said...

How do you do the no paper towels thing? Use rags and hand towels?