Sunday, May 20, 2012

Party Time

We had a birthday party on Saturday - since there was a waterside involved I had planned on leaving Marlie home. Luckily the pediatrician had recommended a sleeve that might work to keep the cast dry - so Marlie joined us!

The fun
It was a pirate party - and these chics loved it!
Cupcakes with black icing (because I have to say this - and someone actually warned me - somehow black icing comes out blue in your poop! Marlie came running out of the bathroom today asking what happened to her! When I explained the icing she immediately said "I have to tell Dad!")
The happy girl! This wasn't an option last summer because of her surgery incisions - so it was awesome to be able to do this! At least it's better than trash bag!
And today during naptime for the younger kiddos Marlie and I worked on a project. We sorted through ALL of her crafts and works of art from over the last 5.5 years! Pre-k and earlier went into a portfolio and K went into a portfolio her teacher made. But obviously everything wouldn't fit - so I let her choose what to keep and what we tossed, we documented . . . Rather Marlie did. She very methodically laid out 4 things at a time and snapped a pic. Just in case there was any doubt that she is mine . . .   

No comments: