Monday, August 27, 2012

Evan These Days

Our little boy will be 16 months old this week . . . hard to believe.  For most people it's hard to believe that he's only 16 months old.  In the playground he is generally taller than the 2 year olds and equals the size of some 3 year olds.  And I have to admit, I think I have given him a bad rep.  It turns out that the crazy run around and scream and destroy boy only comes out when his sisters are around.  I kid you not - this little boy is waaayyyy more mellow than we have been giving him credit for . . . the girls just bring out the crazy in him . . . to which I can totally relate!  So some stuff on Evan right now . . .
 
He loves going to the park - not so much to run around, as to climb the same play strucutre over and over . . . with a little bit of swinging.
There is a new rule in the house - all chairs must be pushed in at all times . . . someone has learned to scale them . . . they are bar height chairs . . .
In a matter of one day Evan decided that he was now proficient at using a spoon and a fork.  I am very serious - he picked it up and used it and that was that.  He has even been fine with me putting plates and bowls in front of him, which tells me the tray will soon come off his highchair, and it will become a booster.  TOO FAST!!!!
But most of all, he is enjoying going to playgroups and friends' houses and being the only kiddo with me.  You don't realize the things that you aren't doing until there are a few less people with you and you have the freedom and mind about you to do them - like teaching someone to walk holding a hand rather than carrying him or letting him try different things like throwing away his own wrapper, because you have the patience to give the instruction 5 times.  We are both enjoying it and if he keeps up at this rapid pace of acquiring new skills, he should be reading by Christmas :)  Of course I am totally joking . . . maybe . . . 

No comments: