Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's and #11

This handsome little guy said "Happy Valentine's Day" to me several times today . . . And every time it melted my heart!
Then he took his nap at home with Grandma while we went to the school to party it up with the girls. Marlie's party started first . . .
Then we headed to Samantha's classroom for her party . . . 
And Daddy participated in the games while I helped hand out the goodies.
Then we headed home to drop the girls off and head out to dinner to celebrate our anniversary. We took a self portrait for tradition . . . 
Then Grandma took one of us . . . 
We went down to Nashville for an early dinner . . . And I mean early. When I made reservations at the Rodizio Grille our options were 4:45pm or 9:15pm - we obviously took the 4:45pm! It was great but there was definitely a ton of food involved.

11 years is one of those "eh" anniversaries - there's not really a huge significance about the number, but I found some. First, I have now officially been married longer than my parents were. And the funny one, looking forward 11 years, we realized that will be the one time in our life where are kiddos are spaced out so that we have 1 in college, 1 in high school, 1 in middle school, and 1 in elementary school - and it will only be that way for 1 year, 11 years from now! However, after we did the math on that and utterly terrified ourselves, we moved on :)

So 11 great years down . . . 39 more wonderful ones to go!

No comments: