Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Conversations at Dinner

We truly have some pretty weird conversations at dinner!!

Jayson and I: What do you guys want for Christmas?
Sam: a gift certificate to the Bahamas and a robot to do my homework.
Marlie: another American Girl doll so Saige will have a friend and an iPad
(Note: she only said iPad because when she said she wanted a phone to play games her father pointed out she wanted an iPad!)
Evan: a pair of roller skates

We also have a set of dinner cards that we ask questions from (when we have enough patience left in us from the day).

Marlie: If you could have dinner with anyone from history who would it be? I would have dinner with Christopher Columbus so I could find out what he saw when he discovered America.
Samantha: Um, Justin Bieber
Marlie:  Sam, it has to be a person from history, Justin Bieber is still alive!
Samantha:  Okay, then Bob Marley
Evan: Pizza!

Marlie:  If you could put a restaurant anywhere, where would it be and what would you serve?
Samantha: I would have a restaurant in the Bahamas and we would serve cheeseburgers
Evan:  I still like pizza

Samantha:  If you could make one rule that everyone in the world would have to follow, what would it be.
Me: I would make the rule that everyone had to be kind
Marlie: I would make the rule that anyone could pee anywhere they wanted
Me:  What?!?!?!!?
Marlie:  I just said pee anywhere, not poop
Me:  Because that was the problem with that rule (shaking my head)

And to think I had visions of sitting down to dinner each night with my family as a way to discuss our days and hear about what my children are learning in school . . . that would just be boring!

No comments: