Monday, August 7, 2017

Castlewood Canyon

Saturday was a warm day - it was almost 80! I can't even type that with a straight face - but it's true since we probably won't see 80 again this year!!

We headed over to Franktown and learned about the dam that failed in 1933 - each year they mark the anniversary in August. It was a great hike with a splash in some very cold mountain water!

Marlie decided she wanted to focus on some wildflowers - so I have 20 pics on my phone and we bought a guide . . . I find a little peace every time we see wild sunflowers (which is almost every day). A Sunflower has always been my favorite . . . and now I live in a place where I see my favorite flower growing in the wild everywhere I go . . . there may be something to that . . . but there are definitely a lot of beautiful wild flowers!!

No comments: