Sunday, September 10, 2017

Briarfest and Mueller State Park

Friday night we went and had a blast at a local fair type festival. It was small and not very crowded, which made it nice. Hudson rode a couple of little kid rides, and the other 3 took on a couple of fun houses and then went on the ferris wheel with me - I'm still bandaging Marlie's claw marks in my arm!

Yes - below is a photo of Evan freaking at the spinning tunnel so he threw himself down (yea, I don't think he remembers the cast on his arm!), Sam fell over him, and Marlie pulled them both out . . . I see this being a theme in their adult lives . . .

Saturday was filled with birthday parties for friends . . . so we did our exploring on Sunday this week.

The kids and I headed to Mueller State Park (that's 5 of the 42 state parks so far!). They made nature journals with the super sweet naturalist that works there and then she led us on a short hike so the kids could draw pictures of things they found.

Even with the cast I had to tell him no climbing the trees!!!

Big H got into the drawing - he also is a BIG fan of checking the maps and pointing out trail numbers.

This will be a regularly visited park as it's right on the other side of Woodland Park!

No comments: