Wednesday, December 20, 2017

The Green Goddess

Last week it snowed on the mountain . . . and for what I have been told was the first time in 6 years the mountain iced over too. So on the way to school my non 4x4 Suburban got in a fight with the mountain. I lived in MN - I know how to drive in snow. I lived in TN - I know how to handle ice. But both of them ON THE SIDE OF A MOUNTAIN - apparently that was a no in that car. I can honestly say I’ve never been that terrified - I had the car in park with the emergency brake on and was sliding horizontally down the mountain. I still don’t know how I did it - but I got us up the hill after punching my dash and throwing out some curse words.

After dropping the kids off at school, breaking down, and shaking for an hour it was time to get serious about a new car . . . Introducing the Green Goddess (we had a naming contest at work) . . . 

The color is apparently a favorite of mine subconsciously because it is also the color of my new wallet and my new phone case!

She is a beast and will make sure the next time I argue with the mountain that I win!

No comments: