Monday, January 22, 2018

That Was a Weekend

My words are gone right now - the theme of the week! I just don’t have any damn words for this week, and frankly, for this year so far. 

The week at work was straight BANANAS!!! I looked at my billable hour breakout and it was a joke! The amount of meetings have been through the roof - BUT there is good, because this is all stemming from my 18mo project that is gonna take things to the next level.

And right before the weekend started we received some pretty horrible news. I would say it shook our family, but I chose to selfishly shelter the kids from it for the time being - it definitely has rattled Jay and I and is slowly changing my perspective on life . . . in 10 years looking back and reading this, there will be no doubt what I’m referring to . . . but I can’t put it in writing because I still refuse to believe it’s actually happening . . . 

After the madness of the week we headed into a hectic weekend - I always feel a little extra disconnect when we don’t have all of the kids together in the same place.

Marlie went skiing in New Mexico with her GS troop to earn their Outdoor Fun badge (I went to the local park for mine!!!). All the snow was manmade - and then it snowed the last day as they were leaving!

While Marlie was in NM, Jay and Evan went to Boy Scout camp at Lake George - same scenario - snowed the morning they left!


As far as the at home crew - it finally snowed for a day!! But before that we went to see a movie . . . and by that I mean that Sam, Hudson, and I paid for movie tickets and then Samantha watched the whole movie alone while Hudson and I walked the theater halls and lobby. Going to movies is probably my least favorite activity - being forced to sit still that long for me is torture equivalent. But Sam doesn’t get much time to herself - and she didn’t this time either. Unfortunately I can’t argue with “mom it’s too loud, it’s scaring me” - it is too damn loud! But Sam enjoyed the movie and Hudson won this out of the animal crane on his own while we walked around for an hour and a half (I saw the first 10 minutes and the last 5 minutes of the The Greatest Show).

And then we got some snow and the boys played outside for an hour - until big H went face first into a tree branch at the bottom of a sled.


But now it’s Monday morning - putting the good and bad of last week behind us, it’s time to kick this week’s ass after last week . . . living the dream and making memories!

1 comment:

Tina. said...

I realized as I read how you walked around the movie theater lobby for an hour and a half with Hudson that my concept of time has changed quite a bit now that I have Carmen. Before her, I would've read that and thought, "That's a long time, ugh!" but now of course I don't think that's much time at all to occupy your child! Staying home with her all these days has definitely gotten me used to whiling away the time. There's so many micro events that stack up to keep things interesting when it comes to kids. :)