Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Plan B's

Just an update on a few things in our life . . . .

Life has been pretty settled for the past few months, and in the Crandall house, that means it's time to change things up a bit. If our house is nothing else, it is always changing.

After turning in my business proposal to my Director requesting that I be able to work from home, like several other people in our company, my proposal was denied. So time for Plan B - I am going to rock my Mary Kay business full time after the baby is born, and stay home and raise our beautiful children. The $300 a month I would bring home after paying someone $1500/month to take care of our children, just isn't worth it - I'd spend that in lunches and gas . . . .Jay's paycheck covers all of the bills that we have, so I just have to make money for food and diapers! I think I can handle this . . . Jay and I have been jobless at the same time twice - and both times we came out of the situation better than we were going into it . . . so everything will work out . . . it's just not the time to worry about it.

A funny thing happened when I decided to stop the stressing . . . .the pains that I had been having in my stomach that made it feel like I was going to go into labor, went away within 48 hrs. And you know how it has been said that women gain fat around their bellies and it is caused by stress - I lost 3 lbs - and I can assure you that I am still eating my standard cheeseburgerS every day and I am in no way depriving myself . . . so maybe this is the plan that's meant to be for us right now . . .

After all, now is the time to raise our family, not to be financially secure . . . and that savings account . . . I suppose that's something that you do when you're old . . .I'll put it on my list of things to accomplish when I'm 30 :)

And naturally, one change at a time isn't enough . . . .Jayson has decided to start looking for another job for his Plan B. . .turns out that it doesn't matter how much money you make if you work 60+ hours a week and never see your family . . . . as always, he'll find something with no problem . . . .so we're heading to the beach for some much needed rest and relaxation and we'll come back ready for a fresh start and new plans . . . and ready to welcome a new member to our family!!!!

1 comment:

Tina. said...

that reminds me of that stupid commercial. "relacore - gets rid of belly fat" something like that. it's weird how stress really is a physical experience.