Thursday, February 25, 2010

#200


Well I had to do 2 posts in 1 day because I saw that this would be my 200th blog entry.

For those of you unfamiliar with the awesome goodness that is Old Chicago pizza, the above pic is of a Thai Pie . . . the greatest pizza ever!!!! When Jayson went for his interview in Clarksville, he brought me back one to freeze so that I could cook it later - it held awesomely for the almost 3 months that it was in the freezer!!

So . . . I could look back and make a list of all of the events that have happened in our life since I started this blog in April 2008 . . . but I am firm believer in a quote from one of my favorite philosophers:

Life must be understood backwards; but . . . it must be lived forwards.
- Soren Kierkegaard

That silly pic of the pizza above symbolizes our move forward (but I guess kinda backward in respect for the company that Jayson has returned to). We have a completely new life ahead of us in Clarksville - and while it is very exciting to think of all the possibilities, it is also completely terrifying. I have always been a huge advocate of change - there are few reasons in life to remain unhappy, because broadly speaking, you always have the ability to change what it is you don't like, even if it's just your attitude or contentment. However, over the past few weeks, I think that maybe I have realized my limit on how much change is good at one time - location, financial statuses, careers, and pace of life - that might be a little much . . . but I have decided that as a family, we are totally up for the challenge.

So for my 200th entry, I want to celebrate what the future holds for our family . . . with the most tangible and immediate thing being the opportunity to be under 1 roof!!!! Because after 7 years of marriage, I've added it up - Jayson and I have spent almost 40 weeks apart - that is horrifyingly close to 10% of our marriage . . . and I have to get the self pity out now since I am about to be surrounded by thousands of Army wives that would look at me and laugh about my measly 10% statistic.

What do I predict in the next 100 posts? Another move :) haha Only because we'll be purchasing a home in Clarksville! Fabulous memories with our children! Marlie starting preschool, possibly kindergarten (depending on how much I post). My Mary Kay business building and me earning my 1st free car! Grandpa would want me to say the announcement of another baby - I don't think so, but possibly the pregnancy part :) **Note Grandpa - that's 100 posts, so at least 1 year!!!**

So let's roll and see where we get by #300! :)

No comments: