Tuesday, April 13, 2010

What I Learned at School Today



Today was the girls' first day at their new school! We love the place - and apparently, so did they. We picked up 2 very happy kiddos . . . it was awesome!

Samantha became a pro at drinking out of a regular cup in the course of 1 day!!!!!! I was for sure I would get a call right after breakfast saying that she had already run through her outfit and her spare change of clothes . . . but apparently, she did great. So at home tonight, we gave it a try, and she didn't spill - just a little dribble on the chin :)

I hadn't attempted the cup with no lid to this point because I know Samantha and all her craziness - she would've poured it on her head! But since she had a table full of other kids, she apparently went with the flow and the teacher telling her "2 hands". Now - if her teachers can knock out potty training like that, I will bow down to them!

So I am seriously contemplating just tossing all of the sippy cups in the house! That would prevent walking around with a drink and thus consuming mass amounts of milk every day (we go through 2 gallons of whole milk every 5 days - do the math!). I tried to remember when we implemented the "big girl cup only at the dinner table" rule for Marlie . . . I don't recall, I just know we slacked on it when Sam moved to the sippy cup because we got "but Sammie has a sippy at the table". Yea - I think I am going to just not use them for a few days and then ditch all but the cooler cups and make them car only - there, that's my plan! And then next week I'm going to tackle potty training since I'm just that cool - HAHAHAHA! Yea right . . .

1 comment:

Wiz said...

Hey Jen!! Thanks for the comment. I had no idea you had a blog. I am addicted. Your little girls are beautiful!

Are you living in Clarksville? We are not too far away. We live in Nolensville.