Thursday, June 3, 2010

First "Barbies"



They're not really Barbie dolls - they are Disney Princess dolls that look a heck of a lot like Barbies to me!!

We spent a week at the beach watching Snow White every day and have been watching Sleeping Beauty ever since . . . so I thought 2 small dolls that could go in the water would be a good solution to not having to carry a bunch of pool toys over to the pool . . . a doll will entertain for a long time!!

And then we got home yesterday and I took a look at their playroom and wondered why I bought another toy!?!?! hahaha But if truth be told, other than the books - I can count on 2 hands how many items in that playroom Jayson and I have purchased . . . did I mention that our girls are the only grandchildren/nieces on both sides of our family?! But it's part of them growing up too - Sam doesn't want to play with baby stuff . . . so it's called age appropriate toys, right?!

Anyway - Marlie and I set to clean out the playroom a little. Every few months we move out "baby" toys that just aren't getting played with anymore and put them in the basement - so when we have another baby we can bust them all out again and totally overrun our house?!?!?! hehe So the pic was our result. I am happy with it - we basically have a lot of kitchen stuff, a lot of books, a lot of Little People, and a lot of craft stuff - and yes, our girls do have babies and stuffed animals, but those have been relocated to their room otherwise you wouldn't be able to see the floor in the playroom.

1 comment:

Wiz said...

Thank you for your comment. Its amazing how many people I have talked to that have been on one of the two sides. Its good to know that it is pretty common at this age as children dont know how to show their frustration. Hopefully this is a one time thing or something that will not happen often! Love your beach pictures. We leave in less than a month. I am really hoping we get to go and that this oil spill stops soon!