Friday, June 25, 2010

The Words I've heard and said


3 things that I have heard from Marlie Katherine in the last few days:
  1. "Look at the flags over there Mom! It's a pattern - yellow, red, blue - amarillo, rojo, azul" Those are the Spanish words for those colors in case you aren't as linguistically advanced as our 4 year old . . . if it were not for Dora, I wouldn't be!!!
  2. "Mom, can we work on the new fish book?" I didn't know what book she was talking about. "You know Mom, we bought it at the store that has 2 seats in the shopping cart - where we went down the aisle and made a right by the dvds and the books were there on the table". WTH?!?!? Yes, I remember now that we bought a new preschool workbook at Sam's . . .guess I didn't remember that it had fish!!!
  3. Looking at our letter placemat - "Key starts with K just like Kinkajou" Look it up if you don't know what it is :)
Much cooler than 3 things I've said just today:
  1. "No Samantha, the pickle is not a frog and I do not want it to "hop" up my leg"
  2. "Marlie, don't put the blanket over your sister's head!! I don't care if she told you to do it!"
  3. "Just because Daddy got out of the car doesn't mean we can listen to Elmo again. No, Mommy doesn't love Elmo just like you do"

1 comment:

Tina. said...

I did a report on kinkajous in honors biology in high school including a hand-drawn picture of one. They're awesome!