Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thursday Already?!

Seriously - another week with no pics - the Grandparents are probably about to lose it!!

But this week was not fun and games . . . . I woke up on Sunday morning and felt like I had been hit by a truck and I couldn't swallow - out of nowhere!! By the time I finally grabbed a thermometer, Jayson was gone for work and my temp was at 101.8, an hour after eating 4 Advil . . . it was bound to be a beautiful day!

As soon as Jay got home I drove to the doc and yes, again, STREP THROAT!!!! I opted for the shot of antibiotics (which I'll never do again, because I ended up on the pills anyway and have a huge bruise on my lower back!) and headed home. Within an hour my fever was at 103.9 and I was sitting in a sweatshirt, sweatpants, and wool socks on our deck . . . it was 98 degrees outside, and I was freezing!

So blah, blah, blah - I'm fine now . . . or will be once I can eat solids again, since my throat is still severely swollen. Oh, and the awesome news - if I get it 3 more times, it will be recommended that I get a tonsilectemy! Yea, that's gonna happen . . . ever been a Mom and tried to get really sick and go down for a few days?! Like I have time to go down for a surgery for a week?! Don't get me wrong - I have an extremely wonderful husband!! He went on smoothie runs and did swim lessons . . . but it's the cleaning/laundry/cooking thing that doesn't really tap his radar :)

I think I sweat all the bacteria out this morning anyway! The girls and I did a 1.5 mile trail on the Clarksville Greenway with our Stroller Rollers group . . . it was 87 degrees out at 9am . . . but it was a beautiful trail :)

So we'll shoot for pics over the weekend maybe?! There will be lots of pics in a few weeks when we head up to Minnesota!! The girls are sooooo excited to meet Dora at the Nickelodeon Universe!!

No comments: