Friday, July 16, 2010

A Postless Week

She may have been born in Minnesota, but only a Southern girl would try to rake snow!

I don't really know why I haven't done any posts this week . . . we've been doing our thing and stuff has been going on . . . I guess I just haven't gotten around to it.

So . . . top 5 things that happened this week, in no particular order . . .
  1. Samantha went on the potty AGAIN!
  2. We have decided to use Jayson's extra week of vacation to head to Minnesota for his Grandma's memorial service in a few weeks . . . we want to be there for our Mom and we have a few friends that we haven't seen in 3 years . . . 14 hours is the length of the drive in case you're wondering . . . of course, google maps doesn't take into account traveling with 2 toddlers :)
  3. Marlie finished week 1 of her swimming lessons!
  4. Found out my Mom is going in for back surgery #4! Of course, the more they do the riskier it gets . . . the date will be in August or September . . . who wants to bet my ulcer and/or chest pains come back at the same time?!!? I think we did this last summer, and the summer before, and a few summers before that . . . .damn . . .
  5. Marlie did an AWESOME job at the dentist - went back all by herself today :) And of course, no cavities!! That makes me so happy!! I had a calcium deficiency as a kid and had a crown and fillings by the time I was 4!
But other than that, we've just been doing silly things as a family and having our fun . . . and I pulled a random pic that I love out . . . in the spirit of our upcoming trip to Minnesota . . . I am thankful to get a break from the heat at least! It's only 85 with 50% humidity up there - it will be like fall!!

No comments: