Sunday, June 17, 2012

Party Time . . . Excellent!

We had the girls' birthday party on Saturday!  I think it was a pretty awesome success. We rented a pavilion out at a park this year.  We had about 20 kiddos plus ours and about 20 adults - and the pavilion was large enough for 100 - so it was nice to have the space.

Some of the guests with the birthday girls - we had a manicure and tattoo table
 Then we did crafts - we made bumblebee and butterfly masks
 Not even all of the gifts for 2 very blessed little girls
 Birthday girls
 They share a cake and a party - but we always sing Happy Birthday twice and Marlie had a 6 candle and Sammie had her 4
 And this dude hung out with Daddy and Grandma for most of the time and had a blast . . . and enjoyed cake!
 My friend Bethany and I made a pull string pinata
 The rush for goodies!  I mostly did candy in the pinata and it was a little surprising how many kids didn't get to take that much home with them - the only thing I put in treat bags were bubbles so they could fill the rest with the candy . . . but a lot of moms just said no . . . when did sugar once in a while become such a bad thing?!  This was our first pinata and I don't know that I would do it again.  I would have been disappointed by the amount of stuff left if we hadn't taken it to the Salvation Army shelter afterwards.  They don't have any current residents, but open every night @ 6pm and were expecting kids last night - so we dropped off extra treats and bubbles and such.
 And this dude thought it was all pretty crazy!
We also played a few games . . . 4 and 6 don't seem that far apart . . . but oh my!  I did a little water race and divided the teams so they had equal numbers of 4 and 6 year olds.  Apparently somewhere in those 2 years is where competitiveness is born - because the 6 year olds were going to lose their shit on the 4 year olds for not going fast enough in the race!  It was funny only because they all got a prize anyway!  And not that I would know anything about hyper competitiveness! ha!

The other game we played was "The Princess and the Frog" - the Princess was blindfolded in the middle and had a Hershey Kiss to give to the frog.  She had to find the frog by following the sound of whomever was saying ribbit . . . while all of the other kids made other animal noises.  More successful with the 6 year olds for sure!  Good old fashioned Duck Duck Goose (or as my sadly misguided Northern husband refers to it, Duck Duck Grey Duck) was a hit!

The girls got lots of crafts and do it yourself projects - which is awesome!  I stock up our closet for the year and pull them out on too hot days and rainy days.  They got a few toys, but not many - I mostly ask for crafts and activities because that's what they love.  They did both receive Princess Beauty Shop kits that are a fave!  And Legos and My Little Ponies of course!

It was an awesome day . . . but tiring as well . . . that's ok though . . . the days are coming where I will not even be allowed to witness the party (e.g. slumber parties where I am just told to stay out) - so I will take these parties while I have them!  And at the end when you get in the car and want to pass out and hear "This was the best party ever!" it's all worth it!

1 comment:

eHawkins said...

Can you do all of Stella's parties? Thanks!