Sunday, February 14, 2016

Valentine's Day and Year #13

For the first time in almost 7 years Jayson and I left the kiddos overnight to celebrate Valentine's Day and our 13th anniversary. 

We enjoyed a wonderful dinner (although we realized we are not fancy restaurant people!).
We went to some really cool bars that we had never experienced - 176 whiskies in one place!
Then we ran into friends (the ones who don't have kids and go out on Saturday nights as a normal thing!) and played darts and had a great night into the morning!
We had grand plans of sleeping in since we were in a hotel . . . But our internal clocks are stronger than we thought and we were both awake at 6:15am and all attempts to go back to sleep were unsuccessful.

After lunch we were headed home and made a little detour. 13 years ago when we got married we picked out our wedding bands . . . I picked out the one I really wanted (and have seen it multiple times over the years) and then I picked out the band that was realistic - we both got the $99 sale bands. Jayson told me that day that someday I would get the other band . . . And today was that day!

It's hard to believe it's been 13 years since we started on this journey together. But 4 kids and a lot of crazy moments later, I know that I have the greatest partner in the world by my side. He is an amazing man, my balance, and the person that keeps my world going every single day . . . 

1 comment:

Nate Hopkins said...

(for whatever reason Nate is logged in to his google account on this browser and I can't figure out how to change it so it appears it's him but it's TINAAAAA)

Love you guys! Glad you had a real night out on the town to celebrate with each other. 13 is a great number.