Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Happy Easter

It was a day filled with fun, family, and friends . . . as holidays should be!

After the girls tried to wake me up at 6:20am and I made them wait an hour til the boys woke up, over 100 eggs were found. Nothing like 4 kids running crazy for eggs to wake you up (Jay was at work by 6am) - the red bull could not possibly kick in soon enough! There are no pics of the madness . . . But here is the "before" pic of their Easter baskets:
And the aftermath . . . 
And then we emptied the eggs - jelly beans and coins. As we counted the coins I started to realize something . . . I thought the girls were being overly nice in letting the boys get eggs . . . And then came the admission from Marlie and then Sam "well I picked up the eggs and shook them, if it sounded like jelly beans I put it back for the boys". To say there was a less than equal distribution of coinage would be an understatement! The boys took their revenge . . .
Then it was time to dress up for dinner. The girls may not always let me match them up, but I still have my boys!
But even though 2 of them have their own fashion sense now, they make a pretty awesome looking crew . . . 
Hudson was looking to his older sisters to see how to pose, and that's what he came up with when he saw Marlie and Sam sit straight up! Haha
Of course, the night before there was egg dyeing!
Why does my first baby boy look 10 in this picture?!?
And just to look back for some fun . . . One of my best friends texted me a pic on Easter of her baby boy (who seriously is the chubby baby I always wanted - his cheeks . . . I don't have words) playing with his new sand and water table - I looked and realized it was the new version of ours, so I had to look back on the blog for the first pic of our sand and water table 6 years ago . . . and I found these . . . 
I saw that picture of my little Sammie and thought that look seemed familiar . . . You can't tell me these 2 don't look related!! Hudson has that same look . . . This was at the vet last week . . . 
And I also sent Grandpa some pics of Easter past . . . 
I have a disturbing longing for the smocked dresses I used to be able to put the girls in . . . I found a size 12 smocked dress at consignment and Marlie just gave me a look, similar to this one . . . 
But less cute with more attitude! Hahaha

It was truly a great Easter . . . Lots of food, 7 kiddos running around, and tons of laughter and smiles . . . 

No comments: