Saturday, October 10, 2020

Pics of Life and Changes













It is fair to say that I suck at blogging these days . . . but as I’ve said before, at least I waited until they could remember their own stuff before I started sucking . . . I think now it’s probably more for me so when I start forgetting I can look back!!!

The last 8 weeks have brought about the start to a new school year under COVID. The boys go all day every day with no masks - their life is normal-ish. The girls go every other day in person and sport a mask the whole time.

Marlie just finished her first season on the JV softball team (7-4) and while I’m sad that she’s missing the new high school experiences thanks to the Rona, it makes my heart so happy that she’s locked in with a group of good girls from the start. I could possibly have a child that comes through high school loving it waaayyyy more than I did!

Sammie is rocking jr high . . . 2 weeks ago there was an incident that we will forever refer to as “the penis issue” . . . But she is more unscathed than I am after having a conversation with the principal . . . 

Evan has started playing the violin and taking the role of the oldest sibling at the elementary school. He and Hudson have even taken a stab at walking home alone. As I now have 3 car rider lines on a daily, I will take whatever relief I can get!

Hudson is becoming less and less of my little baby. He is so smart and so determined to be heard over the other 3 . . . but he is definitely growing up and he makes me smile and laugh every single day!

As for us . . . Jayson is living in Denver 4 days a week while training for his new position as Culinary Manager for Ted’s Montana Grill. He loves being able to actually cook again and I think this place will be great for his balance in life . . . we just have to survive the 7 weeks. The good news is, I will most likely not have a breakdown like I did 10 years ago because I have become a little more seasoned at parenting solo. And we have some exciting news happening in approx 230 days . . . for the first time in 6 years, our little tribe of 6 will be moving into a house . . . Mom and Eric will be moving to Virginia to live with/by my cousins. I have done to the best of my abilities over the years. Only positives surrounding this decision.

And now - the pics from the last couple months . . . 


















No comments: