Saturday, November 13, 2010

Patience . . . a Virtue I do not Possess

So in a few weeks I will go to the doctor and they will do the "big" ultrasound telling me the gender of #3 . . . well I woke up this morning and that just didn't seem soon enough.

Now - I like surprises - I always have. And this love of spontaneity has always conflicted with my nature of being the ultimate planner! But for both of our girls - we didn't spoil one of the few true surprises that you can have - the gender of your baby at birth. On this baby, I just knew from the beginning that I needed to know this time around. I just couldn't handle another surprise. And to be honest, Marlie has been asking since day 1 what the gender is - so she would've driven it out of me even if we hadn't decided to find out.

Anyway - there is a place you can go for those 3D/4D ultrasounds - can I just say that those things completely creep me out!!!!! But they also do the good old 2D ultrasounds like the ones at the doc's office . . . AND they will tell you the gender as early as 15 weeks! And I can't explain it - I just woke up today and had to know! And there was a little part of me that just really wanted Jayson and the girls there too - and no kids under 12 are allowed in the doc's office - so that would take all of them out of the experience.

Needless to say - after convincing Jayson . . . off we went to the little ultrasound boutique.

And the conclusion . . . .

Baby #3 is most definitely, with 100% certainty . . . . A BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Things that would be drastic understatements - saying that I am completely shocked and that Jayson is a little excited! That puts Mr. Crandall at 3 for 3 on gender prediction - and puts me at 0 for 3!!! We have never agreed on boy names, so this should get real interesting - and it's a good thing we have a few months . . . . I'm just shocked . . . . I went with friends to Babies r Us tonight and just looked at all of the boy stuff in dismay - I'm a girl Mom, I know nothing of boy stuff . . . . but I am ready for the ride . . . . :)

1 comment:

Tina. said...

I'm super excited for you guys. It seems perfect for you to be having a boy. What a great new dimension to an already wonderful family. =)