Friday, March 25, 2011

Random Happenings

So this morning we decided to spend our chilly day inside at Chuck E Cheese! A few weeks ago I printed charts out for the girls and each day that they did their designated activity, they checked off a box - Marlie's was getting dressed without being asked and by herself and Samantha's was using the potty without being asked. Then today they got to take the charts in and get free tokens!

When the girls went down for a nap today, Jayson headed downtown to finish Marlie's t-ball registration (I will tell that story in a sec) and on his way home discovered that the Jimmy Johns we saw being built is now open!!!!!


I am sooooooooo excited for him to get back with my sandwich and salt and vinegar chips :) And they opened just in time for me to continue my tradition - my first meal after the birth of each child has been Jimmy Johns! If you have not experienced the greatness of the double J, I'm sorry! Clarksville is getting big time . . . construction on our Publix has just started too!!! WOOHOOOO!!!! And a BW3's, but I'm not really a fan, so that one doesn't thrill me as much. Now if only there were a Super Target in our future, I might want to stay here forever . . . but we all know that's not going to happen - the Super Target or the staying here :) ha!

Now about Marlie's t-ball registration. The cutoff is June 1st - so since she won't be 5 until June 11th they wanted to put her in with the 3-4 year olds for blastball - I don't know much about it other than the bases honk when the kids step on them - not really serious or learning fundamentals. So when I told them I wanted her in t-ball the chic registering refused to place her because of her birthdate. She acted like I had ruined her life when I asked if there was someone other than her that could make that decision - and of course, her boss said no problem . . . some people just amaze me. Really - you're life is so horrible you need to be the t-ball nazi?!?!? Wow . . . anyway . . . Marlie is super excited to start - Samantha will have to wait a few more years. I think 5 is a good age to start doing things like t-ball and ballet (which Marlie will do in the fall) . . . but Sam will get to do swim lessons this summer . . . and if I had to guess, my money is on her for learning to swim before Marlie!! And it is just now occurring to me that Marlie's t-ball practices start the week the baby is due . . . life with 3 is going to get interesting pretty soon!!!!

No comments: