Thursday, April 14, 2011

Growing Up

I got a phone call last night as I was getting dinner ready (and by dinner I mean the pizza boxes I was opening up for our monthly pajama dinner party playgroup - 7 adults and 12 kiddos!!!! Super fun!!). Anyway, I answer the phone and on the other end hear "Hi Mrs. Crandall, this is Nikki, Marlie's t-ball coach" WHAT?!?!?!

Yes, I know we signed her up for t-ball, but the whole sentence just hit me like a ton of bricks. I took down all the info for the practice times and what she needed to bring and wear. When I got off the phone it was like someone threw a book at my head and said "There, now you are really a Mom and really an adult."

It sounds weird, trust me, I know. But it took that one phone conversation for me to step back and think about it - In 2 months I will turn 30, in 2 weeks I will have 3 children, and I have a little girl who was born just the other day starting t-ball practice and kindergarten . . . I think I am a grown up now . . . I mean, now I have official responsibilities like taking a kid to school and t-ball practice! ha!

Friends have asked if I'm nervous about the baby or having 3 kids - nope, doesn't even phase me really . . . am I concerned about trying to cloth diaper and breastfeed - nope, we will get the hang of it. I am nervous about this new beginning of letting my child go into a world where she is on her own at times . . . so I guess we just sit back, take deep breaths, and feel confident in our work so far . . . . because while my thoughts are arbitrary about being a "grown up" . . . this little one really is growing up . . .

1 comment:

Wiz said...

I am already 30 :) And I feel old, but not like an adult....does that make sense??

Thanks for your comment. I appreciate it!