Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Crafty Shirts

This post should be alternately titled "Why I don't want to be on Pintrest"!!

Marlie came home yesterday with a note stating that Friday was the 101st day of school - so they would have some celebration stuff, activities and such, relating to the number 101 (fitting since most kids learn to count to 100 in kindergarten). The note also read that the kids should take an old shirt and paint on 101 dots to wear - or tape them or sticker them. Seriously teachers? You send home a note on Tuesday to make an article of clothing to be worn Friday? Well we were on our way to OC for Kids Night so Hobby Lobby was going to have to be a stop after dinner. It's times like this, I'm thankful for our home being within 3 miles of everything in Clarksville! I thought we would get the supplies and then do it another night . . . until I remembered Wednesday is Girl Scouts and Thursday . . . gasp . . . I am going on a Moms Night Out with our Club to see the Vagina Monologues! So we skipped bath and got painting! Luckily we had a turtleneck that was getting a little short and had gotten stained on the sleeves . . .
Yes, that's a rainbow mohawk wig that Marlie is wearing . . . it was a prize she got for having sold coupon books . . . The final result . . . We counted and are pretty certain there's 101 dots!
And she wrote her name on the back in paint marker . . .
Samantha worked on some workbooks while Marlie painted since I told her we would do a project in the morning for her . . . And this is why I shouldn't have Pintrest - because my friend Bethany forwarded an idea she found yesterday and I felt compelled to make it with our leftover fabric paint with Sam . . .
Samantha loved it and painted her name on the side to cover up a paint spill!

If I had Pintrest, I can't imagine the stuff I would make that you would find around my house!! I have managed to go against the flow and avoid facebook . . . I am hoping that I can resist the Pintrest urge . . . I figure Bethany will keep forwarding me stuff, so that should keep me away! ha! And just because people always ask, yes, it is true, I am a very Type A, D personality, borderline OCD control freak . . . but no, when it comes to my kids crafts and projects, I do not interfere . . . I would much prefer that the end result is a reflection of their work - and if I wanted something "perfect" I would just do it myself . . . and I think these 2 shirts are a pretty good example of that :) Each is perfect in its own way!

And not to be left out . . . Evan tried on the mohawk the other night!! hahaha And naturally, that's Sota in the background!

No comments: