Tuesday, February 21, 2012

All Boy

I get it now . . . as the Mom of 2 girls, I never understood the phrase "he's all boy" - and it perplexed me even more how that distinction could be made with a boy so little when I would hear it about boys under 2 . . . oh how naive I was . . .

In the last 24 hours Evan has . . .
  • Attempted to bathe in the dog's water dish AND the toilet
  • Actually bathed in a bathtub and enjoyed crawling from front to back about 26 times with breaks only to stick his head under the running water
  • Unravelled almost a complete roll of toilet paper - thankfully his hands were dry because this was before the above said bathing attempts, so the tp was salvageable!
  • Ripped a surround sound speaker wire off the wall
  • Given the metophorical finger to me trying to block his way to a container full of dress up stuff by simply launching himself into the container used for blocking (a large cube full of girls purses) and then dumping the dress up stuff on the floor
  • Pinched his fingers in at least 3 cabinets - no they are not child proofed, and I somehow think that would be worse, if his finger was jammed and I had to take the time to disengage the child proof lock?! He shakes it off rather quickly
  • Convinced me that we will be going to Wal-Mart to purchase a gate for the bottom of the steps . . . I was in the kitchen and saw him playing - in less than 2 minutes he left the room and made it up 14 steps and was sitting in my shower . . . I have NEVER put a gate at the bottom AND top of a staircase . . . he may be our last, but he is enjoying giving us some firsts!
  • Ripped the knob off of our play kitchen that we have had since Marlie was 13 months old - countless children have played with that kitchen . . . and it took our 10 month old baby boy to be the first to rip something off of it . . .

Samantha showed me the knob and said she tried to help . . . but she needed to get back to her book on the IPod . . . after all, she did have to wait for the battery to charge on it, so how much patience could I be asking for? :)

And a little note on Miss Samantha . . . you will notice it looks like she's needed a haircut for a while?! She actually has had her hair cut, but insists that she wants to grow out her bangs. That plus refusing to wear a barrett or clip most days equals me looking like a Mom who doesn't know that her daughter needs her bangs cut . . .lovely . . .

And as for Evan . . . I love that boy more than words! I said when Sammie was little that if she had been the first, I probably would've waited longer for #2 - she kept me on my toes . . . if Evan had been the first, I feel like I might have started to have more sympathy toward the position of having an only child . . . with the girls I worry about anything over age 10 . . . with Evan, I question making it past 3 without going gray . . . I am certain though, that his smile will get us both through it :)

No comments: