Sunday, February 5, 2012

Week in Review

Well, I guess blogging just wasn't in the schedule this week! It's not that it's been a week any busier than most, I guess I just haven't sat down and done it! I know for sure I will get everything this upcoming week on the blog - lots of fun activities . . . including trying to distribute the 248 boxes of Girl Scout cookies that Marlie sold!!

Wednesday - Samantha, Evan, and I were out and about in the morning running a few errands and then going to the park (LOVE the unseasonably warm weather). That night we got word my nephew was going to be coming soon . . . so the girls painted a rubber duckie for him (have I mentioned how much I adore everything Melissa and Doug . . . especially the craft kits when they're 50% off!!!
And the girls jumped outside to look at a double rainbow . . . the rainbow didn't turn out awesome in the pic . . . but look at our sweet girls!!
Thursday - This handsome little guy was born! Meet my nephew - Conrad Fitzgerald Bjerk (did you get that whole name?!) It's a huge name for a little peanut - 6lbs 1oz - I'm just convinced my brother wanted to make sure that he had a name fit for politics ;)
Friday - We had a MOMS Club meeting in the morning and it was an early out day from school. When Marlie got home, the little ones were so excited to see big sister early that they all woke up from nap! ha! So we headed to the park . . . and then over to a friend's for dinner and a 31 Party!
Don't worry - we only took up 3 out of the 4 swings! Saturday - In the morning we went to Home Depot - of course - but ended up taking our projects home to complete. There was a church group that showed up at 9am and they were taking up the whole joing . . . and the project was all glue - so we went home with our friends and made our boxes and painted them (stupid Blogger keeps flipping the picture!)
Then we headed to Toys R Us for the Girls LEGO launch party - the girls got cute little LEGO lemonade stands . . . Sam made hers, but wasn't really into it (she's a little young for that still) - but Marlie rebuilt hers about 10 times before bed! Sam enjoys listening to books and playing games on the IPod more right now . . .
Sunday - The girls and I did some shopping for a few items we needed. I think it was today that it hit me - I am feeding 3 children. There is no more puree in this house - and Evan has proven that he loves all things food. He now eats the same portion size as Samantha, who is 3.5!! Marlie has just upped her food intake at the same time too! She got measured for her Ident-a-Kid card and was 46.5 inches - she's grown 2.5 inches and gained 2lbs in 6 months! In short - my grocery budget is getting royally screwed, and all of my children are under the age of 6! We are going to have to get our car paid off so we can throw that $400 to food for these kids! Do you know this week Evan ate an entire chimichanga (from scratch, so no funny stuff in them) and a whole breast of chicken cordon bleu (again, made by me)?!?! And he will pound lima beans and garbanzos like it's his job! He is 9 months old . . . what am I going to do when he's 5 or 15 for that matter. He better learn to fill up on a bag of carrot sticks! ha! I am just counting down until we can get on milk - then we can funnel Evan's formula money to support his banana and bean habit :) See, just a normal week . . . but after the length of this post I better get back to daily :)

No comments: