Tuesday, April 24, 2012

There Actually Other People that get Haircuts Here

It seems like Evan is the only one that gets haircuts - I mean, he's had 3 in 5 months . . . But these beautiful girls got haircuts yesterday too!
Sam's bangs are growing nicely, and we trimmed her hair about 2.5 inches to even it out - she is ADORABLE! And Marlie too has decided she wants nothing to do with bangs, but she wanted her hair up to her chin so I said fine!  Oh - and Sam has 2 lollipops in her hand because for the first time EVER she let someone near her head with a blowdryer - totally gave that chic an extra tip!  Sam dislikes loud noises more than you can imagine, and a blowdryer has been her worst fear.  But I walked away to check on Marlie and the lady didn't ask she just started blowing and Sam didn't even complain - amazed . . .

I have never been one to force bows or ponytails on them, and they have never liked wearing either - but I am hoping for a little less pain in growing Marlie's bangs out - she will hopefully clip them out of her face!

And here's hoping they can keep from coloring that beautiful hair and stay blonde as long as I did (or have - summer is coming so hopefully with everyone in swim lessons I will match them by my birthday!).  I colored my hair once when I was 17 (only because I got turned down at the tattoo parlor for a belly button ring and I was bored).  It was horrible - it turned bright orange, I had to have corrective coloring which made it brassy blonde at best - and as soon as senior prom was over (I wanted to have cornrows to go with my evening gown, because that seemed appropriate!) I chopped off everything but the roots, let the sun bleach it back in Mexico, and swore I would NEVER do that again . . . and I haven't!  And with 3 little blonde kiddos, it will be nice once summer bleaches it out again and I can say "see, they look like their Dad, but they do belong to me!" ha!

2 comments:

eHawkins said...

I love all the haircuts and I love the bad decision making on hair that you made. I totally did the same thing around the same age. Remember Glintz? It turned my hair orange.....not pretty.

Wiz said...

Ahhhhh Mexico. Good times :)