Sunday, June 10, 2012

Day 5 - Epcot

 Thursday we headed off to Epcot - I have to be honest, I was expecting it to be a little on the lame side.  I mean, it was futuristic stuff in the 80's . . . but it was pretty great.  I especially loved the chill laid back feeling of it . . . it was so much more relaxing than Magic Kingdom!

And who knew that it was like the mecca of characters!  Starting with Stitch! Sam asked him where Lilo was and he motioned that she was hula dancing . . . this is so very hilarious because she's never even seen a Lilo and Stitch movie - she just saw a clip and asked who they were and I told her and she decided it was her new favorite character.
 Then it was on to the hall of characters . . . Evan was cool with Mickey on his overalls but really didn't need to see him in person :)
 Sam immediately walked up to Pluto and slapped his tongue and got yelled at by his helper! ha! It was big, red, plastic, and hanging out of his mouth . . . I mean, come on!
 They were glad to see Minnie again and had fun posing with her.
 Goofy was a favorite - and a big jokester when he went to give me my pen back!
 Then it was off to the countries . . . China was up first.  I have to say, out of all of the characters and princesses, Mulan was most definitely my favorite.  The way that she interacted with the kids was totally awesome! And she was so pretty!!!!
 The girls thought Aladdin was so funny.  He was definitely into being his character for sure!
 We saw Beast without Belle . . . I am not completely understanding why everyone else in a large plush suit can sign autographs, but he can't . . . they just told the kids that Belle was still working with him on his writing!
 And there was no line when we passed by Aurora so we stopped so she could sign Marlie's cast.  There has to be some perk to having a cast at Disney!  They were careful when they sawed it off the other day (clearly I am behind on posts) so that her signatures could be taped back together.
 And last up before heading home was Alice . . .dude, that was one weird chic!  Chuck said something before we walked up about an Alice that was at a dinner they had gone to last year . . . must have been the same one . . . she had absolutely been down the rabbit hole a few times.


1 comment:

Wiz said...

When we do a big Disney trip, I want to leave the kids with the grandparents and do Epcot just John and I. I hear the restaurants are good in the different "countries" and they have booze. Yippee :)