Sunday, December 16, 2012

Saturday

Saturday was a day we spent at home, trying to relax!  Basically that just means that we don't go anywhere ;)
 
We started the day with some drawing and crafts . . . Sam was making snowmen out of her hands, and Marlie drew a menorah . . . that she is lighting with a yellow crayon one day at a time for 8 days.  Apparently we need to embrace other cultures at our home now - not only does she want to light a menorah, she also wanted to have a conversation about Jesus and Nativity sets as well as La Bofana, the Italian version of Santa I think?? I haven't googled that one yet . . . I meant to google it but then I looked at the menorah I immediately started singing to myself "David Lee Roth lights the menorah . . . " and got sidetracked to YouTube to listen to my favorite holiday songs by Adam Sandler :)
Anyway, after seeing Sams' snowman handprints I remembered that we had a craft on our list that we hadn't done yet . . . so we got to work! It's now my favorite holiday decoration.
Then we started playing a litte and enjoying our jammie day . . . 
And we had a little surprise for the girls!  They have been enjoying a new holiday movie over the last few weeks . . .I grabbed it for $4 on Black Friday . . .
So when I ran into Target the other day (part of the overdoing it the day after surgery that I regret!) I saw a set of dolls that went with the movie.  I had been waiting to purchase their last joint gift from Santa (Barbie mermaid tub set) and it went on sale, there were 2 $10 coupons, and I could score the set to go with the movie for free basically . . .so I bought the set.  Jayson and I don't buy Christmas presents for the kids.  They each get one sibling gift that they get to pick out for each other and we bankroll Santa . . . we feel that's enough at this stage in life . . . and Jayson would say that we give them the gift of food and shelter 365 days a year!  But sometimes it flat out sucks giving all the credit to the big man, so I decided we would get them the doll set and give it to them now so they could enjoy it with their movie . . . you have no idea how much of a task it is to get a Christmas present opened early in this house with Jayson!!!!  But they loved it, we watched the movie, and it was all around awesome to play Barbies with my girls :)
 
Of course in the movie Barbie had to string popcorn and cranberries and the girls asked if they could do that . . . since we were having a jammie day, I decided to make it one of those days where I just said yes to everything, so out came the needles and thread . . .
Evan enjoyed the snack, Marlie found it frustrating but would've sat there for hours if I had let her, and Sam was all in until she stuck herself one time . . . so alas, we ended up with about 10 inches strung that we proudly draped in the middle of the tree!  And being true to the experience, there I am in the picture in all of my fluid holding, pajama wearing glory!  I am literally holding 10lbs of fluid still from Wednesday, lovely . . .
 
And we also watched Polar Express too . . . it was a pretty freaking awesome day!

No comments: