Sunday, January 27, 2013

Just Like A Rockstar



Marlie was doing a little practicing last night - I guess because of the way I uploaded the video you can't see it from a smartphone, only on a laptop.

Yesterday after her guitar lesson I let her teacher know that she would miss class the following week because we would be with family. He was disappointed and then told me that he wanted to make sure she was getting it and that she wouldn't miss anything so he would do a private lesson for her this week for free. Well that was awesome enough and I told him thank you and then he says to me "We have serious talent here" I thought it was a nice comment until he reiterated it to make sure that I understood that Marlie has a natural talent that I need to be mindful of. Ha! And he was worried about her being the youngest in the class of 10-12 year olds - turns out she's a rockstar. And since he has like 50 students and has been doing this for 30 years, I guess he knows what he's talking about. Being smart wasn't enough, now she has a natural musical talent? I have always said this chic is amazing . . .

And to anyone that reads this - the title of the blog should be sung to the Fresh Beat Band song . . . Oh yea, I'm totally a Mom . . .

No comments: